I want to appologize for my bad attitude. It has been brought to my
attention that I am having a really rough time adjusting to missionary
life and am constantly depressed. Fear not people! The optimism of
Sister Fielding cannot be put out!! I will be the first to admit that
I am not perfect and I do have rough patches, but the Lord is ever
with me, bringing my spirits up and strengthening my testimony
everyday. That is the rich blessing of being a missionary with so much
support and love. Thank you to everyone. I love you all.
Okay, now I'm sure you all want an update on what is going on here in
the Huntington Beach North Stake. Well, we have people to teach,
hearts to touch, and willing minds to...well whatever you do with
willing minds. Impress? I don't know.
My heart is full of gratitude for the wonderful people I have in my
life, both here on my mission and all over the country. (I can say
that because golly gee, ya'll are moving all over the place!)
We got to go to the temple today. We have been richly blessed to be
able to have temples on the earth. I am so glad that I'll be able to
go a few times while serving here. The poor temple worker had an issue
with my name though. He kept wanting to call me Sister Fleming. I
don't know what that means exactly but if you meet/see any Flemings
that are close to my age, tell them that we might need to talk
sometime.
I have another great announcement. Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of
the Twelve Apostles is coming to our mission this Thursday!! This will
be a bi-mission conference with us and the Anaheim mission so it
should be pretty good. Well, it'll be pretty good anyway so what am I
talking about?
Oh, Happy belated Easter!! What a wonderful holiday! The Savior lives.
Because He lives, we may live again. I love my Savior. He loves me,
and you. I am on his errand here. Yay!!
Sister Coleman's parents and godparents sent us Easter baskets. They
were so cute! I got my candy fix for the week, easy. ;D
I wish I could properly put into words all the mini miracles we have
witnessed this past week. On p-days I feel a lot like Moroni when he
was concerned about the Gentiles mocking the awkwardness of their
writing. Then I remember the Lord's response, "Fools mock but they
shall mourn and my grace is sufficient for all men who humble
themselves before me."
We met a woman who is practically a long lost twin of a woman who was
baptized right before I arrived. Her name is Darlene. She had the same
concerns, health problems, questions, and interests as this woman,
Ruth. We took Ruth to meet Darlene but Darlene wasn't home. Ruth
really loved her garden though. She wants to come back and meet her.
I love being here. I love the people of Westminster, Midway City,
Huntington Beach, and Garden Grove. The Lord knew what He was doing
when He called me here.
But enough about me, school must be wrapping up soon. I know some have
graduated, some are taking breaks, and some are still going for
another month or so. What's new? Better yet, what did you do for
Easter? Any spiritual insights I might share?
I love you all. I hope you know that I know this gospel we proclaim is
true. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Joseph Smith was a
prophet, who was given the authority to restore Christ's Church on the
earth once more. I know our Savior lives. He loves us. He wants our
complete happiness. I love you!
Love,
Sister Fielding
P.S. If you don't get a letter this week but was expecting one, our
p-day time is a bit short today. I still love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment