Monday, August 1, 2011

This week was filled with many wonderful miracles. I may have told you last week but we have a new investigator who is just the most amazing person ever!! We had our first lesson with him on Monday of last week. We introduced the Book of Mormon and prayer to him. It was a powerful lesson. The Spirit was so strong there! He has a desire to read it and learn the truth for himself. That desire will carry him so far, I could just cry with happiness!

We also were able to meet with a less-active girl from the single's ward who has been less-than available for a quite a while. We talked about the importance of church and how there are so many blessings that she could be receiving if she would make church a priority in her life again. It was wonderful to see her enthusiasm to make those changes. The Spirit really does touch and change hearts to turn them to Christ. As a missionary, I get to see it over and over again. There is NOTHING as rewarding as this! (except maybe watching my own children make these decisions but that hasn't happened yet.)

I have decided that zone conferences are amazing. There are always wonderful things taught that uplift us as missionaries and give us good ideas on how members can get more involved in this great work. One thing that really stuck with me was the importance of making church a good experience. Those of us who are active in the church know the blessings that come from attending. For those who do not understand these blessings, we can help them recognize them by making sure they have a first time experience every time! The first time experience is meant to be the first good time experience here, obviously. If we have that good first time experience, we are going to want to go back! This church and this gospel have so much to offer us that it would be silly to deny those blessings!

I hope all is going well with you. I haven't received a letter/email from C-town in a while. (except the email I received from Mom. Thanks Mom!) I love you. I know this gospel is true. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. Through Him, we are able to achieve a fullness of joy. Thomas S. Monson is God's prophet on the earth today. The priesthood authority he and all worthy male members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints holds is the authority of God on the earth.

I love you. I'm sending hugs in this email. I hope you feel them. :)

Love,

Sister Shavonne Fielding

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Everyone, this was last week's letter, I neglected to post.

    ReplyDelete