Hello everyone!!
Well, today is my last day in the MTC. That's right, I'm hopping on a plane at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning! Aaaand! I get to call home while in the airport. So let this be a warning to all you Dave Fielding peoples, you will be receiving a call and possibly getting a voicemail. (I love you dearly but answering the phone when it rings has never really been a top priority there. ;) )
This week has been incredible! Thanks to all for your loving letters after my concerned email last week. A member of my branch presidency told me I needed to call ya'll to repentence for not writing me much. Looks like it worked! ;)
So a bit of news that I know Mom, Dad, and Grandma will be proud of, I played ALL the hymns for church yesterday. AND I sight read a hymn for another district so they could practice. (For those of you who don't know, I am a terrible sight reader. Also, I have the biggest problem with stage fright and that includes playing the piano for church.) But I did it!! I'm so happy. :)
I was called upon to give the closing prayer in our fireside yesterday. That means I got to sit on the stand! It was a really cool fireside because it was a musical fireside. We talked about the power of music then sang people's favorite hymns. (Those of you in the 117th ward reading this know what I'm talking about) The final hymn was Called to Serve except we did it a bit differently. You see, there were about 2,500 of us seated in the room. (See where this is going yet?) Sister Nally (wife of a counselor in the MTC presidency) was a professional pianist so she directed us in singing like we were the Army of Helaman coming over the hill. We started quietly and gradually built up until we were singing with all our vigor and vim! It was amazing to sit in front of that and hear the voices of my comrades in arms, so to speak, singing of our calling and mission.
Tomorrow I meet my mission president and his wife and begin the work in Long Beach. There are five of us going from our district. (Did I mention last week that everyone else in our district is going to Indiana? Well they are. Then I met a district headed to Louiville, KY. Everyone wants to know why I don't have an accent! Good grief) One of the elders going is from Spencer, Indiana. Apparently, CA needs more Hoosiers. haha
So while I've been here I've gained a greater testimony of the Book of Mormon. Let me take a minute to share with you why.
You've heard that the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion but do you know what that means?? That means that if the Book of Mormon is true, Joseph Smith really did see God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ! President Monson IS a living prophet who is guided by the Lord. Everything we teach/believe in is true! (Man! Now I can really relate to Nephi in 2 Ne 33. "Neither am I mighty in writing like unto speaking for he that speaketh speaks by the power of the Holy Ghost." or something like that)
I KNOW the Book of Mormon is true. I KNOW that it is the word of God unto His children. It testifies of Jesus Christ and His Atonement.
Well, I need to send this before I run out of time. I love you all! Anyone I don't write this week, I will do my best to write next week! =D
Sister Fielding
P.S. I met Jen McNelly's old roommate!!
No comments:
Post a Comment