Monday, February 7, 2011

Dear Mom,

... how blessed we as set apart missionaries are to be able to receive this training here! My testimony has grown so much in the past few days that I don't even know how to describe it. I feel like I'm in the awkward stages of life again, an immature little girl who so desparately wants to be a deep, insightful woman. (I know, I can be deep and insightful. Now if I could just get that way all the time.)

It's amazing how strong I thought I was before I got here and how weak I realize I really am. I tried to bear my testimony on day one but no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't feel the Spirit before I spoke. At least, not to the point where I felt like my testimony was doing anyone any good. I'm working on that.

Missionary life at the MTC is actually really fun. It's like EFY on steroids and not for us. You know how they always talk about the Spirit of God like a fire is burning? Well imagine that, but ALL THE TIME!! I'm learning how to recognise what the Spirit is trying to tell me. I think I've spent more time on my knees here than I ever have in my life!! Don't worry, the Lord is looking out for me. Just like He does for ALL His servants. Check out 3 Ne...the chapter escapes me but it talks about considering the lillies of the field. This chapter came up in my personal study and it really hit home for me. If He is willing to clothe the field with beautiful flowers, how much more would He be willing to take care of me while in His service?

Rest assured that I am indeed working hard and learning even more. We have started teaching two progressive investigators (They are two of my teachers playing a role.) The first lesson went really well. The Spirit was super strong and I felt a deep connection with him. The second guy we taught I don't think we were well enough prepared for. We had studied some things but none of them ever seemed to apply. Needless to say, it was disappointing but that's okay. We are here to learn and make those mistakes so we can know what to do.

Let me tell you a bit about my life here at the MTC. My companion's name is Sister Davies. She's 4'10" from Kearns, UT. She's a fun companion. We laugh a lot. :D We share a room with Sister Gillman and Sister Charsley. Gillman is from Lehi and Charsley is originally from South Africa but recently from Denver. These sisters are such great examples of hard work and study. I'm grateful to be around them.

For those of you who don't know, life at the MTC consists of planning, studying, teaching, learning, eating, sleeping with a little gym time squeezed in. They have early morning work out classes which me and my companion have been attending. (Yes Dad, I've really been waking up half and hour earlier to exercise! No, I'm not sick. I guess I just wanna work hard and I gotta make sure my body is up to it. ;) )

I love the strictly planned schedule. It forces me to stay focused on my purpose as a missionary. It leaves little room for thinking about home or friends or what city I'm in. (Though the temple walk was a rude awakening.) It's nice to just get down and work hard on internalizing the gospel. How amazing is this work!

Well, I have five minutes left so I'd better wrap this up. I love you all!! I hope this letter finds you all well and happy. :)


Loves and warm handshakes,

Sister Fielding

P.S. There is a free service at DearElder.com that allows you to write letters to missionaries in the MTC. It is FREE!!! And it delivers the same day you submit it. Please use it! :D I would appreciate it. I love letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment