Monday, February 14, 2011

Hi Mom!

Thank you so much for writing me. It really means a lot to get mail. I went for three days without it and about broke down and cried because I figured everyone had forgotten me. (three days is a long time here. Goodness gracious!)

The MTC is amazing! I feel like I have already become a totally different person while being here. My testimony has grown in leaps and bounds. More than I could ever describe. How great and marvelous this work is! How great is our joy when just one soul accepts the gospel of Jesus Christ. We've only done role-playing here in the MTC but I feel like I am learning more and more how to recognize the promptings of the Spirit and we all know that it is only by the Spirit that anyone can learn any spiritual truth.

So last week I got a little rushed and didn't know what to write about. This week I made a list...then promptly forgot to bring it with me to write this email. I'm getting better though!! :D So I'll write what I remember.

Oh yes! Here's a bit of exciting news to all you members of the Fielding family who remember living in Midvale. So I was walking in the cafeteria getting my salad (yes salad. That leafy green stuff that if doused with enough dressing is actually pretty amazing) when I hear someone behind me say, "Excuse me Sister, did you ever by chance go to Midvale?" I turn around (because I was the only other sister standing in line at the moment) and see the shorter sister who addressed me. "Yes" I said while puzzling over why her face looked so familiar. Then I looked at her nametag. Who did I run into but Sister Burns!!!!! (That's Chelsea Burns from the Midvale 2nd Ward) She got here 6 weeks ago and is preparing to serve in Korea! How cool is that?? She was, quite possibly, the LAST person I ever expected to see again in my life!! We've decided that we are going to exchange addresses and keep in touch. She told me a little bit about her family. Her dad is still in the same place, her mom working for the school district, and her brother is graduated and working. My poor companion, Sister Davies, had to come fetch me because apparently we had been talking for a while. (Thanks for that Dad) She figured I had just run into someone I knew so she wasn't too worried.

I wish I could tell you every experience I have had since coming here. I've learned more about the Atonement and the Restoration than I ever expected to know. How wonderful is it that we have the scriptures and words of modern day prophets to teach us?

Oh! Another thing I remembered I wanted to share. The secret is out! The MTC now knows that Sister Fielding knows how to play the piano. They also know that she knows how to sing...relatively well. I had the opportunity to play both the Sacrament hymn and the intermediate hymn this past Sunday. I might be playing this upcoming Sunday as well. For all you future missionaries out there, practice your hymns. No actually let me rephrase that, if you can play the piano, learn the hymns. You never know when you will be called upon to use that talent.

I have another special message that I would send directly but I don't have the email address memorized. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA FIELDING!!!! I love you lots and hope Grandpa made this a special day for you! If not...well we'll just have to have a chat with him. ;)

I haven't told you about my companion have I? Her name is Sister Davies. She is from Kearns, UT. She loves clogging and talking about her family. She has an amazing testimony and has taught me so much about teaching. We've decided that we had to have known each other in the preexistance because that is the only way we could be hitting it off as well as we are here. I'll send pictures when I mail my memory card to ya'll. (by the way, should I just purchase that here in the MTC bookstore? I totally can. Also, have you put money on my debit card perchance? I need $100 cash for travel and I'm about $20 short)

Can I send out a challenge to all who read the blog? Please send me your testimonies. It doesn't have to be long or even eloquent. Just tell me your feelings about the Book of Mormon, President Thomas S. Monson, Jesus Christ, The Atonement, Joseph Smith and the Restoration, and anything else you wish to bear your testimony on. I want to compile them into a book of testimony. It could be useful. :)

Also, I remember when I was little, I loved writing to my missionary uncles when they served. Seeing as I don't have any neices or nephews, could I get some addresses of my little cousins so I can write them little notes every now and then? I would greatly appreciate it.

Man, I feel so needy. I feel like all I've done is ask ask ask! Well here comes the moment you've been reading for! My testimony.

I know that this church is true. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, translated and restored by the power of God. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior and that through His Atonement, I can return to live with God again through Faith, Repentance, renewing my baptismal covenants and enduring to the end. We are incredibly blessed to be living in the age where the gospel has been restored in it's fulness, never to be removed from the earth again.

I'm running out of time so I'll end by saying I love you!! Please write and share your testimonies!!

Sister Fielding

No comments:

Post a Comment