I'm sending you my letter to my mission president. I think it will convey better my feelings of the week.
Dear President,
It seems I have still more to learn about covenants because the that is exactly what the temple president talked about in our chapel session this morning. Making and keeping covenants are what really endow us with power. That is why it is so important to be confirmed after baptism. The way he put it, God will not make an unworthy person clean. The Holy Ghost cannot dwell with someone who is unworthy. The Holy Ghost is what truly sanctifies us and cleanses us from sin. Isn't it wonderful to have this power of the priesthood restored in it's fullness upon the earth!?
This week has been such a wonderful one. We have had so many true miracles happen here in Cerritos that to write them all in this letter would take HOURS! (And I really only have minutes...) Looking back, I can truly see the Lord's hand in this work. I certainly can't do it. I'm far too air-headed and forgetful. That is why I am grateful to have the gift of the Holy Ghost to bring all things to my remembrance.
I'm so grateful to have this opportunity to serve here at this time. The time goes by much too fast. I think I've spent too much time playing around. It's time to get down to business and start touching some hearts. I know I've skipped a lot. Sister Ding has taught me a lot about talking to everyone. She really gets on me when I don't and I love her for it! My love for the Savior has increased dramatically. This really is the Lord's church back on the earth.
Our investigators are doing well...minus the church attendance part. We are working with them on that. It is my sincere hope and prayer that we will find the way to make church attendance really meaningful for them. We'll keep working on it.
more from Shavonne...
Today we went to the temple. Then I had a doctor's appointment. Then we had to travel to the other side of the mission to practice a musical number. Still haven't done my laundry and time is almost up!
Despite all this craziness, I want to tell you that this week has been one of the most enlightening and encouraging weeks of my whole mission! The Lord really does love His children. Honestly. Anyone who could doubt that is missing out on one of the greatest truths of all time!
Love,
Sister Shavonne Fielding.
No comments:
Post a Comment