Hi Mom!
I'm jealous of your Gracie date. After talking to her at Christmas, I realized just how much I miss my cousins. We have a really cool family, you know? I feel rather ashamed at all the chances I had to really spend time with my family that I squandered on that which doth not satisfy. I'm learning more and more not only about my Savior, but about myself and what I truly want in life. It's not good enough to settle for what comes easiest. The greatest blessings come from hard work and diligence, even if it means getting my heart ripped up into a million tiny pieces first.
I've learned a lot from Aaron too. (Don't tell him I said that though. ;) ) His emails to me, though few and far between, always have just the right thing for me to read. It's almost like Dad's emails. The power of the priesthood in the hands of a worthy priesthood holder has a more reaching effect than simply giving blessings. Heavenly Father is able to really speak through those worthy men to bless the lives of His children. I'm so grateful to have a family that is living worthy of that blessing of the priesthood in three of its members.
I had a revelation this week regarding the temple. The temple is the only place on earth we can experience the presence of our Father in Heaven. While attending the temple this past week, I felt such peace and joy in my heart that I thought I might burst. I wish now that I had attended the temple more before my mission. I am making a commitment to attend more regularly afterward for sure!
This week was bittersweet. Sister Ding and I had so many wonderful experiences that it would take days to list them all. We have truly come to love this area with all we have. Now we are entering the final week of the transfer and we're severely tempted to just not answer the phone when transfer calls come. Is that bad? Hehehe. Our ward is so wonderful. They are all so willing to help us with the work. No matter what we ask, they will bend over backwards to go the extra mile to help these people enjoy the blessings of the gospel. What a treasure!
I love being a missionary! I love serving the Lord! This is His work and I'm so grateful to be a part of it. I will never be the same after this and I hope it stays that way.
I love you Mom! Thank you for your wonderful example of love, patience, and kindness. I had a moment when I was lovingly chastizing my recent convert in my mother's voice. It was scary! Haha but good.
Love,
Sister Shavonne Fielding
No comments:
Post a Comment