Hi Mom =),
Today's a good day. Guess what! Grandma sent me a cookbook so I won't starve! Haha wasn't that sweet of her? She put in a really nice note with it too. I about cried. (with joy of course) We're going grocery shopping today so I can't wait to try some of the recipies out.
This week has been one amazing ride. Sister Coleman and I have grown pretty close. She made me a "trunky calendar" to put in my planner. It's basically a calendar of my mission so I can count down the months/days till I go home. She also put a nice little note on the back to encourage me. Everyone here is just so nice! There have only been a couple of times where my feathers got a little ruffled but like the good girl I am, I held my tongue. Aren't you so proud of me? ;) Next time I'll just not let my feathers get ruffled.
We went on splits on Thursday because we had two things scheduled at the same time but my appointment and all of my back-ups (we had three) fell through. I was totally lost and didn't have a clue what to do. And just when I thought I was getting this mission thing down too! Oh well, it was a good learning experience of what NOT to do. I ended up just visiting with the couple that was supposed to be my replacement companion.
So I don't know what all I told you last week so if I repeat myself, sorry!!
Sister Coleman and I live in the home of a family in the ward. They have a spare bedroom with bathroom attached so it's a pretty nice set up. The family (the Chases) have two of their children left in the home. The rest are grown and married and such. It's fun to be with them. They're pretty hilarious.
We've been teaching some amazing people here. I've rediscovered my love of teaching. One of the people we teach is a family with a 9 year-old son. The son, Jules, wants to be baptized but because he is over the age of 8, we get to teach him and his family. It's so fun to watch him learn and grow in the gospel. His whole family is very supportive.
We are missionaries for two wards here. There's the Beach ward, which is a family ward. Then there is the Goldenwest ward, which is the stake singles ward. The past two Sundays we have had a baptism in the Goldenwest ward. Both people are super awesome! I love them both.
There are people here that I have just fallen in love with upon first sight. I really hope they feel the same way in return because otherwise that would be a bit awkward...
So there is this program they do here where the missionaries help people reach their goals, whether they be going to the temple or just getting back into church again. Do we have that program in Indiana too? I think it's a pretty neat idea for sure.
There have been some serious miracles happening here. Both wards have been/are participating in a fast for missionary work. Through that fast, opportunities have arisen and hearts have been softened. How great is it to know that when we ask Heavenly Father for help in furthering His kingdom, He'll step right in? All we have to do is ask and show up! (Sort of.)
I want to bear my testimony to all who read this. I know that this is Christ's church restored to the earth once more through a prophet named Joseph Smith. All the keys and truths have been restored, never to be removed again. Thomas S. Monson leads this church today under the direction of revelation.
The Book of Mormon is a companion to the Bible and contains the fulness of the gospel. We are able to know and understand the commandments of God if we but study and ask in sincerity. What a blessing it is to be able to have our questions answered by a loving Heavenly Father! How glorious is this life He has given us to prepare to meet Him! "Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"
I love you reader peoples! Thank you for your prayers and support for this work.
Love,
Sister Fielding
P.S. To any of you who were worried that I was wasting away to nothingness, the people who feed us here are making sure that doesn't happen. We are well fed every day. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment