So this week was probably the toughest week I've EVER had. It ended with a sore chastening and then a renewing of my committment to this work I have been called to do. Don't worry. I didn't do anything "send home" worthy. But I did get a little lax in my calling. Lax? Complacent. Yeah. That one. I lost the fire and was left with warm coals instead. Anywho. I have gained a greater appreciation for the Atonement and repentance. The Lord truly chastens those He loves to help them build up the kingdom of God. I have been stretched, challenged, and tried in many ways I simply didn't think I was prepared for. Looking back, however, I was prepared, I just didn't trust that preparation.
I've been reading the addiction recovery workbook during my lunch hour. There are so many wonderful principles taught in there that I wish were better understood! I'm going to incorporate a lot of them into my teaching now. The program offers such hope and love. It's great.
So what movie did you go see that was junky? (I might need to cross it off my "movies to go see whenever I get the $/time to go see it list) I've decided that I really appreciate the rules you and Dad set on video games. Honestly. It is so hard to rip kids away from them to teach them. It tears families apart because of the spirit of contention they invite. It also makes it very difficult to communicate with anyone NOT playing because they are busy watching the person who IS playing. My kids are going to be playing outside. A lot. :D
Well, the only news I have for here is that we are entering a new transfer. I am staying here with Sister Mesake but we are gaining a new companion. We're going to be a trio!! The Three Musketeers! (Not the three blind mice. Though maybe if we were blind, we'd have to rely on the Spirit more...Hmmm...) Aaaaand our new companion is going to be....drumroll please!...Sister Davies! My companion in the MTC!! Cool eh? I'm pretty excited.
So I guess I'd better read through the rest of my emails. I love you! Thank you for your prayers!
Love,
Sister Shavonne Fielding
No comments:
Post a Comment