Tuesday, May 29, 2012

APRIL 23rd

This week was incredible! Walter is getting baptized this Friday. Walter was fellowshipping Luis, another one of our investigators. And Luis brought his nonmember friend to church yesterday! We had so many come to church we just didn't know what to do with ourselves! Then we have more people coming to FHE tonight because they couldn't come to church for whatever reason.

I feel immensely blessed to be able to serve in the La Mirada and Mar Vista wards at this time. So many people in the Mar Vista Ward are working so hard to bring in and keep new members. It's so fun to be able to keep this work moving along here. When we told everyone that we were expecting 6 investigators at church, they about fell over. When we had 2 of those 6 plus 1 new, the spirit just soared! Everyone was catching the spirit of missionary work that day. We almost lost our investigators a couple times simply because everyone else wanted to talk to them. We didn't mind. That's what is supposed to happen. :D

We are focusing a good portion of our efforts on getting things running in the La Mirada ward now. Ward missionaries should be called soon and we will put them right to work. The field truly is white already to harvest. So we are going to gather more servants to thrust in their sickle with all their might, right along with us! It's really exciting. :D

Just a heads up, a portrait of me should be on it's way in the mail. One of the ladies in the La Mirada ward is an artist. She does portraits of missionaries for free and asked if she could do ours. I hope you like it! :D

I have been learning a lot about the meaning of charity this week. When we have charity, we act. When we have faith, we act. When we have hope, we act. Truly when don't have charity, we are nothing. I have found that when I act on my charity, the Spirit can better work through me. The foundation of everything we do as missionaries and members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is charity, that pure love of Christ. When we act on our charity, we are more like our Savior.

I am so grateful for this gospel! I know it is true! This is where I need to be. I think I might come back a Cali girl after all. My expressions are starting to go in that direction. It's kinda weird. Haha

I love you! I love my Savior. Thank you for all your prayers. I appreciate them so much.

Love,

Sister Shavonne Fielding

No comments:

Post a Comment