MAY 21st
Oh my goodness Mom! Life is so good! It takes me so much time to realize it sometimes but I also do eventually.
I'll admit, I had a hard time adjusting after Mother's day. My mind was distracted by worries about school and family. I realized how much I miss everyone and it almost killed me. My poor companion probably thought I was going to go crazy. But the Lord is merciful to His servants. Through the course of the week, I was reminded of the value of the work I am doing here and how much it affects those I love most dearly. Suzannah mentioned in her email about the Lord's timing. He always provides a way for us to get out of the rut we are in so that we can move forward. I love this gospel! I love this area. I love serving a mission!!!
Speaking of perks of a mission, guess who is coming to the Whittier stake conference next month. ELDER JEFFREY R. HOLLAND!!!! AAAAnd they are having a youth/young adult choir for the conference. They are inviting the missionaries to sing the EFY medley for one of the musical numbers. How cool is that?? The only bad part is I might get transferred next week. :(
Last summer, a sister who served in this area came back to visit. She got up and bore her testimony and in her testimony she called this area her sacred grove. I always thought that was a bit dramatic for this ward but looking back on my experience here, I can almost echo her remark. I love these wards.
In other great news, Luis was baptized and confirmed this week!!! Hurray!!! He was so prepared from the beginning and he didn't even know it. We really want him to come with us when we start teaching our newest investigator, Adam. Luis is such a solid guy that there was no way he couldn't believe this was true. It just fit with everything he already believed. The service was amazing. His whole family came! (He is one of 6 kids.) I about died with happiness when he came up out of the water. I love this work!
Just for kicks and giggles and because I'm out of time, check out D&C 31. That is my new favorite "feel good" scripture. If there was ever a scripture where the Lord is pouring out wisdom and love to one of His sons, this is it. I love it!
I love you so much, Mom! I'm sorry this email is so short. I'll have better stories to share next week. :D
Love,
Sister Shavonne Fielding
No comments:
Post a Comment