Tuesday, May 29, 2012

APRIL 2nd

I kinda like the sound of that, Sister Shavonne... Hmmm...Sister Forever Shavonne! Hahaha

This week was a little more trying. I came down with a severe cold last P-day and was consequently out of commission for three more days. It was one of those instances where my brain tells me I'm fine but as soon as I get up to do something or try to teach, my strength disappears and I feel like I should just pass out on the floor. That encouraged me to stay home and do some hard core studying instead, when I wasn't forcing myself to just sleep so I can get my strength back. We have managed to start teaching our investigator again though! She started going to a different ward because of a comment someone made to her in the singles ward. We encouraged her to come back, assuring her of our love, their love, and more importantly, her Father in Heaven's love. It was an amazing lesson. Let me tell you how it happened.

She texted the spanish elders to ask for a ride to conference. They have been feeling really bad that she likes their ward more than ours but they helped her find one. She came and listened then left. Before she left, she invited us to attend her niece's birthday party. Normally, I might have said, "Sorry. We have a lot to do today. Maybe we'll swing by another day." But I had the distinct impression that she was hoping and putting trust in this invitation. So we accepted and squeezed it into our schedule. We had a great dinner with a terrific spiritual boost then headed on over to the party. When we arrived, we couldn't find our investigator anywhere! We looked and we asked but no one knew where she was. As we were about to leave, convinced we had just been led to the wrong party, she stepped out. The look of surprise on her face was pretty priceless. It made me smile. She came out and said, "I didn't think you were going to actually come." We assured her that we wouldn't miss this for the world then went inside and talked. It was the first time meeting with her that it hasn't been awkward or strange. Her testimony has been growing little by little. It felt so right to just be there and love her for a little bit. After we ate, we went and talked about what she had been learning with the elders. Her face brightened up when she talked about the chapters she had been reading and what questions she had. She knows she needs to be baptized...she just doesn't quite know why yet. We will help her with that. It was another one of those times that the thought comes to my mind, "I AM filling my purpose." :D

Sister Shaver is growing tremendously! I am so impressed with her sensitivity to the spirit. Every time we go to teach, she works to listen with her heart then discern what she needs to say. It's so beautiful to watch.

Wasn't Conference wonderful?? I loved it so much!! Every talk, every hymn just seemed so perfect and so right! I didn't doze off once! My notebook is full and so is my heart. I learned so much from every talk. I can't say I have a favorite one because they were all astounding! Isn't it incredible that our Heavenly Father loves us enough to call prophets and apostles to teach us and guide us back to Him? I feel so blessed to be living in this time!

I hope you had a wonderful time in Utah! What did you do? How was Grandma's party? Who went? Where was it? Do you have pictures? I do!

Let me see how to send them...

Okay...it's not loading. I'll have to send them via mail then...I love you! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Love,

Sister Shavonne Fielding

No comments:

Post a Comment