APRIL 30th
So Walter got baptized last Friday. Can you say AMAZING!?! What made this amazing? Well let me tell you.
First, to get the selfish stuff out of the way. I was asked to play the piano for the service and it went well! Soo cool! Did I tell you that I am going to rededicate myself to learning all the hymns? The world simply does not have enough piano players.
Okay, now that that is off my chest. Whew! So this baptism was incredible! Walter brought his whole family to see it and a couple of friends. One of his friends, Jazzy, will be meeting with us soon because of this. Cool!!!! So many wonderful miracles stemmed from this one decision of his to follow the spirit.
Kristian, our newest ordained priest, (Yeah. He was ordained on Sunday! Wahoo!! I can't begin to describe how incredible that was! He's going to serve a mission and baptize millions, I just know it!) gave his first talk on the Holy Ghost. He shared his own conversion story and expressed certain times where the Spirit had touched him in his life. It brought the Spirit so strongly to my heart confirming the love our Heavenly Father has for all of His children. How amazing it is to know that the Holy Ghost can touch someone's heart so strongly as to lead them directly to the waters of baptism. What a blessing to be able to be an instrument in that conversion process!
Next, Walter almost had to be baptized again because the water was so shallow and his feet came right up before his head could go down. The man baptizing him had the thought, "I really hope he puts his feet down!" At the same time, Walter had the thought, "Oh! I should put my feet down!" He was completely submerged and all was well. When we listen, we can be guided in even the simplest of things. Isn't that amazing?!
I have had a lot of people ask me about the length of time I have left on my mission. I guess when you serve in an area you have served in before around the same time you served there before, people are bound to notice you've been out a while. Of course then come the questions of, "What are you going to do after your mission? Are you ever going to come back? What is Indiana like? Are you going to stay there? What does the future hold for you?" -type questions. It's funny though because these questions help me to see just how much I have grown and changed. My future plans have evolved and developed so much. I almost feel like the future is very much unwritten but very clear all at the same time. I know where I want to end up, so seeing how that will happen will be amazing!
I am so grateful to know my Savior lives. He loves each and every one of us with a perfect and infinite love. He is ever merciful but firm. He never varies from what he has said, but he continues to guide us the direction we need to take. The Church of Jesus Christ is back on the earth! Joseph Smith was a prophet! President Thomas S. Monson IS a prophet today!! He speaks! We listen! Our lives improve! Simple yet supernal! (That's my new word. Supernal. Sounds so...scholarly and beautiful!) I cannot even describe how happy I am right now. I have renewed my dedication to this work. We are going to find those that are searching. We will guide them back to their home. There will be much joy and rejoicing!
Love,
Sister Shavonne Fielding
P.S. Did I tell you about Christian from my first area? Well he and his wife are getting sealed in JUNE!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment