FEBRUARY 27th
I have decided that there is no room for selfishness in the work of
the Lord. None whatsoever. To "Forget yourself and go to work" doesn't
simply mean to set aside all thoughts and worries of home. It means to
set aside all fatigue, groans, and murmurings and giving them up to
Lord to do His work. When we put the Lord first, REALLY put Him first,
everything else just falls into place.
Someone recently pointed out to me that it really does matter who you
are trying to please. I have taken serious reflection on my own
actions and it has come down to three major people I have tried to
please, usually in this order: Parents, Me, Heavenly Father. Now what
is wrong with this picture? Is it just because the louder of the
voices is the voice of Mom and Dad? Or is it because I'm simply afraid
of punishment and don't have that eternal perspective? Either way,
that order is all wrong. I need to please my Father in Heaven. In
order to do that, I need to keep an eternal perspective. That's why we
teach/study the Plan of Salvation so much right? I wish I had studied
the Plan of Salvation more before my mission. I had studied the
Atonement a lot but the entire Plan escaped me. I have really gained a
greater appreciation for this great plan and the fact that it shapes
who I am and really what my purpose is here on earth.
So I had the opportunity to take Mom's advice to heart. I have been
speaking out more. Letting myself be heard and just saying what is on
my mind. During our weekly companionship inventory, Sister Bradshaw
told me that was one of my strengths. Being real with people. Who
knew? I feel it really does relieve a large burden from my shoulders.
I've decided that to really be myself and let those God-given talents
shine, I simply have to speak. My mission president and my companion
both flattered me by telling me I have a way with words. That made me
smile. :) (Even though I really wanted to come back with the rather
witty "I should be good with words after all the emails/letters I
write! ;)")
This week has been rather interesting. We had an investigator drop off
the face of the earth. That was sad. We haven't even officially met
her yet! And she's already gone! Don't worry though, we'll track her
down.
Other than that, I've had plenty of opportunities to put my rather
dusty movie-quoting skills to work for the good! :D I'll let you know
if it actually works.
I love you both so much! I am so glad that you encouraged me to come
serve a full-time mission. This is the best time of my life so far. It
has been and most likely will continue to be my refiner's fire. When I
come back, I will be so shiny you won't be able to recognize me! ;)
I hope all is well at home. I heard there has been a lot of sickness
going around. Hope everyone is feeling better!
Love,
Sister Shavonne Fielding
No comments:
Post a Comment