Tuesday, May 29, 2012

FEBRUARY 20th

So Alex finally beat Aaron in height eh? That makes me feel tons better. Are you and Sadie going to be the only people I am taller than when I get home? Seriously! Everyone doesn't believe me when I tell them that my siblings are giants because they already think I am huge. What is up?


I am really excited for next transfer because it will be another temple transfer! Man time just flies now a days! Every time I go, I imagine what it will be like when our whole family can attend the temple together! What a great time that will be. I have really grown in my love and appreciation for the temple. It truly is the place where God dwells on earth. How blessed we are to have the opportunity to be so close to Him! One of the girls here is getting married in October. We have been helping her get her wedding stuff together so she feels more able to come to church and just relax. As we have chatted, I can't help but want to weep for her because she won't have the opportunity to be married in the temple. She is choosing not to. Our agency is such a powerful influence in our lives! I can't comprehend a life without it. It wouldn't be a life at all!


I had a really neat experience this week. Ready for it? Okay, so I have been struggling with knowing my state and standing with my Father in Heaven. Is He proud of me? Am I doing all that I can? What are His and my Savior's true feelings about me as a daughter of God? Well, I was reading in Alma where he is talking to his three sons. If you remember, the first chat is with Helaman. He tells him not to get slothful because the easiness of the way. (Hmmm...that's a big weakness of mine. Still working on that one.) Next he writes to Shiblon. I've always been intrigued with Shiblon's chapter because it is so very short. And it's all praise! How could someone who did so well only get a few words of encouragement? Surely he had worries about his work too right? Or am I just insecure? (don't answer that. ) As I read through that chapter this time, I just plain started bawling. I couldn't understand it. It was the weirdest thing! I didn't think it was talking to me but I felt so overwhelmed with joy and love. Mom, I know Heavenly Father loves me. For the first time in I think a VERY long time, I know without a shadow of a doubt that Heavenly Father loves me and is proud of me for doing what I am doing. Next, He loves my investigators. We hit a rough patch with our investigator and it made me wonder why this had to happen to her...but Heavenly Father loves her too. He wants her to get back to Him. I am going to do everything in MY power to help her get there.


I wanted to share that experience with you. I feel like I'm really communicating with Heavenly Father. That is something that I haven't felt like I have been very good at. I also want to get a good communication going with all of my family members too. That's why I started that New Year's resolution. I hope it helps. I know Heavenly Father will help me. :)


Love,


Sister Fielding

No comments:

Post a Comment