MAY 28th
I hope everyone has great plans today! I get to pack and move!
I say "get to" but we all know how much I love this area. I'm really sad to leave it. This will be a great opportunity for me however, to try new things, gain new friends and seek after the one billion lives that will be changed because of my being there. (But I'm not hopeful or anything. :D)
This transfer also means that I don't get to see Elder Holland...but that's okay. There will be something even better waiting for me in my new area.
So I will be transferred to the Long Beach East Stake, in the Woodruff Ward. I have already been assured that I will be well taken care of by a member of the bishopric and another family in the ward so we'll see how it goes. I'll be sharing a ward again so that will be interesting.
From the talk of the missionaries here, you'd think I was going home next week. Everyone keeps reminding me that I don't have much time left. That's really frustrating sometimes. But on the other hand, it gives me a chance to remember that time IS of the essence and I need to NOT waste it. I have so much to do still.
This letter is kind of disjointed, I'm sorry. I wish I could be more uplifting...Aha!! Ask and ye shall receive!
Just as I wrote that statement, I remembered a very important lesson I learned this week. This life is the time for men to prepare to meet God. In doing so, we are given different situations and tests to help us to grow and develop. This doesn't mean we have to be perfect at everything the first time it is thrown at us. EVERYTHING requires patience and practice. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is a continuous Atonement. No matter how many times we sin or make a mistake, we can always be forgiven. Now that doesn't mean that we can just go and make the same mistake over and over. That's not true repentance. "But as oft as my people repent, I will forgive them their trespasses." We need to repent! We need to confess and forsake. But we must not get discouraged if we have difficulty forsaking and accepting forgiveness. It is a process. Don't give up. I am so glad to have gained a better understanding of this principle!
I wish I could write more but I don't have much time. I'm excited for this next chapter in my life and where it will take me in the future. :)
Love,
Sister Shavonne Fielding
No comments:
Post a Comment